Our annual gingerbread house contest has returned. Are you feeling creative?
Adrian District Library's 18th annual gingerbread house contest is almost here! As usual, there will be four different age categories: Adults/Teens (ages 15+, can be 2+ people working together), Family (at least 1 child and 1 adult working together, can be more than one of either age group), Younger Kids (ages 8 and under with little/no adult help, can be 2+ kids working together), and Older Kids (ages 9-14 with little/no adult help, can be 2+ kids working together).
• Entries must be on a base no more than 20” x 20” in order to fit on the shelves. The base must be solid for easy transport as needed by library staff.
• Entries do not necessarily need to be houses. Unique structures are encouraged.
• Entries should be made entirely of edible materials (Graham crackers are allowed in all age categories). Pre-made, edible gingerbread house kits are allowed.
• Entries must be submitted with a completed Entry Form. No early Entry Forms, please.
• Entries will be accepted on Wednesday, Dec. 1 or Thursday, Dec. 2 between 9:30 am and 7:45 pm.
• Houses may be picked up between Saturday, Dec. 18 and Thursday, Dec. 23.
• Houses left after this date will be disposed of.
Voting will be open from Friday, Dec. 3 to Saturday, Dec. 11. This year, the community will decide the first, second, and third place winners in each age category! Anyone may vote for their favorite house in each category, either online or in-person. One vote per category per person. Place winners will receive a ribbon and bragging rights. All houses will be given a special Creativity Award.
Entry Forms can be picked up at the library. Call 517-265-2265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.