WellWise Tablet Loaner Program
WellWise (formerly the Region 2 Area Agency on Aging) is partnering with the Adrian District Library on a smart device loaner program that provides older adults, adults with disabilities, and their caregivers the ability to check out a smart device and Wi-Fi hotspot from the library. The Smart Device Connect program also includes free technology training for the devices, provided by the WellWise IT Help phone line. Individuals with a library card may use the devices to access the library’s digital resources.
If you are interested in participating, please call WellWise at 517-592-1689 to get started. Once they determine your eligibility for the program, you will be able to pick up a device at the library.
In addition to Internet and Wi-Fi access, each tablet has pre-installed links and apps:
- CV19 Tool: Find out how likely you are to get or spread COVID-19, how severe it might be if you get sick, steps to reduce your risks, and ways to have your needs met during the pandemic.
- Get Set Up: On-line classes for active older adults to learn, connect and share with peers in small intimate groups.
- WellWise: Aging and disability resources and agency information.
- Training Videos: Website and YouTube channel with training videos
- Zoom: Video Conferencing
- Adrian District Library Website: Library information and resources
- Adrian District Library Downloads: Materials available to download through the ADL
- Adrian District Library Databases: Links to resources for many topics